Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bring on the Essay!


Nine out of ten students hate Modified True or False Exams. The tenth student's got a leakage. 
True Story.

Modified T/F exams makes you believe that you always have a 50% chance of getting the correct answer, but then, there are endless ways to modify that evil sentence. And there's a huge possibility that your choice is not actually the one, or if it is, it's bound to be wrong somewhere in the modification process and leave you with an effed-up exam.

There's a huge difference between T/F exams and Modified T/F exams. Especially when you have an equally evil teacher who actually gave you a whole set of false sentences.

I recently had a Modified T/F exam in my Anthropology class. A sentence says "Filipinos are descendants of Malays." which, I know is false but I don't know where else would we come from (I was even tempted to answer Krypton at one point). So I took a wild guess and answered "False. Austronesians."

We weren't. And you know what else hurts? My instructor said that she'd accept the answer "Filipinos are NOT descendants of Malays."

I learned that sometimes, you don't need to complicate things and explain everything in order to be correct.

No. Seriously, I learned that I really suck at all exam types with the exception of the essay and--waitforit--multiple choice exams. I guess I have to work a little harder on the others... or else I'll be dead if I ever enter law school.

No comments: