Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What Could Have Hurt The Most

Today, D went from being "single" to being "in a relationship" on Facebook. Yes, D. D of the legendary "D Chronicles" I have crazily and devotedly written more or less two years ago (I do not keep track of the past anymore, yes), that I have grouped into a separate label for reminiscing purposes.

If this change of relationship status happened two years ago, I would have been wailing like crazy as I type this. It would have hurt so much that I'd cry until my ears burst and my eyes swell. Instead I am typing this while listening to my good vibes playlist and smiling at how they finally made it almost official.

They. D and the girl I have been blogging about before. Apparently it was true, and being the silent guy D is, most of us weren't sure of the real score. Until this.



Sorry guys, you can't get too much information from the photo. HAHAHA. But yes, his name's supposed to go there, his nakakakilig na display photo should be there, and the girl is supposed to be one of those others that liked that change of relationship status.

And I was one that liked that change of relationship status as well. Sincerely liked. I couldn't be any more happier for him than now, and I am serious.

Just let me tell you why his display photo is nakakakilig: It is a sketch of a drummer girl. D and the blessed girl to have his heart are both drummers. The girl posted on his wall saying "o ano yang PP na yan?" and he answered: "ang daming drummer sa mundo, pero isa lang ang nagpakabog". (oops, I just gave out too much information).

Now let me just smile because of some genuine kilig for the guy I liked before and the blessed girl to have his heart, even though it isn't me.

Had this happened two years ago, I would have cried buckets. Maybe too much that I couldn't go to school the next day. But it's just amazing at how God perfectly make the pieces fit, and how his fingerprints led me to where I am right now in my life's favorite aspect: love.

D never knew that I liked him. He was unaware of how many blog posts, poems, and vandalisms on library desks and armchairs were written for him. He never knew that he taught me how true love should be. He never knew that he changed me for the better and made me realize a lot of things as God prepares me for someone better. D made a greater impact in my life than he could ever imagine. He never knew anything, and I intend to let it stay that way.

But for everything, I am grateful to him at how my life was changed just because of his existence.

And I am more thankful to God for preparing me for that someone better, and for leading me to the love I have now even though things are uncertain--beautifully uncertain. Everything is just so... amazing. And I know, someday, like D, I'm going to change that relationship status as well. For good. :)

No comments: