Wednesday, August 17, 2011

THW destroy KC's Perception of Unconditional Love

"It's like you're jumping off a cliff blindfolded without any idea what spot are you landing on!"
"Well, it is. But that split-second joy of flying is enough to justify the fall, regardless of the landing spot."

Behold, the only rebuttal I have made during a conversation/debate with my friend Diane. We had dinner earlier and were at the parking lot behind our building when I told her something about love. Conversations like this are normal with her--especially at times when we are high on sugar or when she is breathing on cigarette smoke and I on secondhand. Well, most of the ideas come from her. The girl is a champion debater back in college.

"From what I see, your perception of love is too ideal," She said while lighting her third stick of Marlboro Black. "I believe there's no such thing as unconditional love. Si God lang ang may kaya nun".

I fell silent, contemplating on what I thought as unconditional love. She's right.

"The mere fact that you are waiting on someone means that your love is conditional. You are expecting something from that person. And you'll give up once you get tired of that love being unrequited", she said, taking another drag. "If you think your love unconditionally, or can wait for a long time, it's either you are deranged or obsessed."

If you notice, I haven't said anything. I just nodded the whole time. Conversations with Diane are always like this, actually. She went on, presenting three arguments to me. Three arguments about my perception of love. God, thank you for giving me rational friends.

I stood there, just saying"Ang galing mo talaga Nins!" for the Nth time. She even rationalized why I behave this way. And she's right. The conversation went on.

"It's like you're jumping off a cliff blindfolded without any idea what spot are you landing on!"
"Well, it is. But that split-second joy of flying is enough to justify the fall, regardless of the landing spot."

And I thought, is it really worth it?

"Think of where you want to land, KC."
"Uhh... In his arms, teh."

I just don't know what else to say. That's where I really want to fall into.

But now, I just don't know where I stand and when to jump so that I am sure to land on them. Well, figuratively at least.

As for the verdict on the motion, my head is too cluttered to think right now. TBA.

No comments: