Friday, February 11, 2011

Still.

I had every reason to give up, but I did not.

There's something that keeps me hanging on, still hoping and praying for you, just like before. It's as if nothing's changed; like you didn't tell me that you can't sleep at night thinking of someone else.

...and I am here, and I cant sleep at night thinking of you-- wishing you had a good day, hoping you got home safely, and thinking that I'd rather not sleep at all if it means you can have yours tightly.

It crushed me; but much as I want to, I can't seem to hate you. Until now there's something that keeps me believing that every night, you pray for me too.

Is this Patience? Yes.
Sacrifice? Probably.
Stupidity? Almost. Yes. No.
Love? Maybe.
Or am I just too afraid to admit that it actually is?

Could it be possible to be in love with someone in such a short span of time?

Still, I would rather settle as your friend than to lose you completely by walking away.
I'm still here. I'm still standing. I'm not moving. I am hoping that those words that hurt me was just a lie. Like how I lied when I said that you should go for her.


And if this really is love, it will find its way without ever getting tired.

No comments: