Friday, February 11, 2011

Siga Girl

Siga Girl
Lorenzo R Tabin II

amusing,
the way you pout
upon noticing my stare.

the ball cap and the tee,
matches to complete
your seeming disregard
to femininity.

how quaint,
how lavishly simplistic:

you hide behind your armor
to escape,
when every night
you water your pillows,
berating yourself
for being too weak
to set aside your scowl
and return his smile,
unclenching your soul.

Sir Tabin tagged me in this poem on Facebook just a moment ago. It's funny how with just two semesters of being his students and three years of being his tropa (he fondly calls us his 'sabogaloids'), he knew us very well.

This poem speaks so much of me, Someone who always gets a response like: "Dude, I always thought you're one of the guys!" Well, you can't blame me for being with my bro and cousin a lot during my formative years and reading Pugad Baboy and Kikomachine Komix a little too much.

To tell you the truth, I'm just like any other girl. I also cry at sad love stories and smile wide at cheesy pick-up lines. I talk just about a lot, maybe even more. I can also have crazy mood swings. I sometimes buy things on impulse. I also listen to Taylor Swift (though right now, Maroon 5 is still the owner of my playlist's top spot). The only difference is that I prefer sneakers over heels (I can wear one, but please give me a complimentary box of band-aid for blisters... and checkered ones please), I prefer the Chris Tiu kind of guy than the likes of Daniel Matsunaga (you know, someone who you'd rather refer to as 'handsome' instead of hot and is seldom seen shirtless. haha), I rarely wear earrings simply because they're a disturbance when I put on my iPod headset, I can’t stand bebemon talk, and I prefer Chuck over Gossip Girl or Glee.

But seriously, I'm a girl... and also a dude if the situation calls for it. I enjoy arcade games, turn around at fancy cars and say “Bangis nung kotseng ‘yun o!”, laugh out loud, use expressions like "hanep!", "yown!" and "superb!" go out of the house without actually caring how I look (I’m in the process of working on it…), foresee a punch line, and appreciate the beauty of other girls (It’s ‘appreciate’, not ‘fantasize on’, okay).

I guess it's called being myself. And yes, I'm happy to be this way. :)

No comments: