Saturday, July 5, 2008

For My Favorite Model

I was not a good artist, nor I am now. But you were the one who inspired me to draw: The geeky, unruly haired, thick eye glassed and silent you. That person inspired me to draw as I familiarize myself with how I feel for you. You were the reason why I bought a sketch pad and a set of pencils... I just want to capture how you look in paper. You look really good. I always want to do a sketch of you in your still and solitary moments. I love the moments I had with my pencil, eraser, and paper which slowly gains life as it starts to have you in it. You were my favorite model.

Your eyes… they are the ones I love the most. Even when behind those eyeglasses, they have this sparkle that makes me want to take care of you. I would love to draw them, but they’re so complicated I do not know where to start. I am afraid that when I start to sketch them, they would not reflect how they look in real life.

But that "you" left. It left me with someone I did not almost recognize. The things I loved about you were the ones you changed. It is as if you are not the one I used to draw, the one who I used to admire, and the one who, in his silence swept me off my feet. They say you look better now, without your eye glasses and your hair fixed neatly. But I love the way you look before.

I miss the old you. I miss the geek you once were, the glasses you once had. I miss you who I used to draw; the one I used to dream of.

But I still like you. I love you. Always.


PS. pardon my grammatical errors.

No comments: