Friday, May 23, 2008

American Idol Rantings

After Randy, Paula and Simon showered praises upon my favorite David, Archuleta on their last performance, how come Cook won? Simon even gave the first and second rounds to him, and by the third performance he said "You came here to win, and what we just witnessed is a knockout". Well, after all those too-good-to-be-true comments, Cook wins.

I won't say that I don't like David Cook. I like him; perhaps I made a blog post here on blogger about how I loved his rendition of Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby". But I think Archuleta is better, considering he's only seventeen. And I love his ballads.

Maybe there would always be things that I would not understand. It's American Idol, and I don't know how they run their business. (I mean, if it's the local "Pinoy Idol" then I'd have things to rant about even more.)

I look forward to more of David Archuleta's warm smile and sweep-me-off-my-feet ballads. He'll always be my favorite. I just hope he and David Cook won't end up like some of the other idols who seemed to vanish after the season.

2 comments:

bid yan said...

yeah. i'm for archie too. haha. he's really cyte when he sang "with you" though he got negative feedbacks for that. hehe.. i love both davids but i love archie more.. they have different genres but Cook's style is predictable.. just an opinuion here. hehe=]

nice blog..

Karen Christine said...

bid yan,

thank you! I thought he's gonna win, after the final 2 performance. but then again, nature's been unjust. GRR. i also liked his version of "with you" though i noticed he flubbed a line. haha. but still, i love Archuleta. i know a bright future awaits him. :D

thank you for visiting my blog! God Bless! :D