Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dinig Sana Kita (If I Knew What You Said)


“O, Anong mas maganda: Ito o Twilight?” I playfully asked my friend after watching Dinig Sana Kita on its screening in UP Manila’s Little Theater.


“Ito,” she readily replied.


Dinig Sana Kita was the best film I have seen this year. A story about a deaf guy (Kiko) and a rocker girl (Niña), this movie shows us that it is possible for the deaf and the hearing to live in the same world and establish a relationship. The movie triggers a lot of emotions from the audience; one moment you’ll laugh at it so hard, especially when Niña is with her band, and the next moment you’ll just feel tears rolling down your face. Mr. Mike Sandejas really did a good job in directing this movie, and I absolutely agree with what he said on the forum afterwards: “Mas maganda naman talaga ang indie [movies] kaysa sa mainstream movies, hindi lang nabibigyan ng chance.”


I absolutely admire the deaf dancers. They move and sway like those who can hear the music they dance to, maybe even better. Sugarfree’s Wag Ka Nang Umiyak was also very relevant to the story, how Kiko became Niña’s refuge when she experiences conflicts with her parents.


Here’s a trailer of the movie. I hope you can watch it too.



No comments: