Friday, December 25, 2009

And all I want is One Thing...


 So it’s Christmas. And I am here at home trying to get away from my inaanaks by sleeping and staying in front of the computer, maintaining high popularity on Restaurant City. I somewhat feel lonely with what is happening—my Dad is off to his friends, My cousins are off to Pampanga to visit their other relatives and I am the only person awake in the house. But as said in the preaching this morning, I will try not to be sad, not only for this day but everyday, because I have my Father in Heaven. I will never be alone.


What makes me smile is that people still remember to give presents to the scrooge I am.




On the last day of school for this year, I received a teddy bear, which I named Marra, from Marj and Larra.





I also received a cute heart necklace from ate Jayvee.






Lying down in my bed when I got home last night was a shirt from The Perfect White Shirt and a post-it note that says: “sana magustuhan mu… XOXO” (aside: see? My brother uses XOXO!)




I received a package from mom containing a postcard of cattle from Scotland, the Promise Journal, and Puma kicks… and the promise journal had some moolah inside. (another aside: daig pa ako nung 130 pesos na nakaipit sa promise journal… nakarating na sila sa England, ako hindi pa. Plus, they traveled back with Queen Elizabeth II!)




I also received an Abercrombie polo shirt from Tita Bhe, which, sad to say, I failed to take a picture of. :(


Although this time of year may not be as festive for me as it is for others, I can say that I have felt the warmth of the love of those who cared. They may not come in the form of tangible presents, but the presence of certain people is enough to make me smile.


I hope that I will celebrate each day in a festive mood upon this realization. Although it may sound very clichéd, Everyday should feel like Christmas. And I hope that I will receive the ultimate gift that I have been praying for, which is not something, but someone. :)


Happy Holidays y’all! :)

No comments: