Sunday, November 29, 2009

Don't lift your pen!


This puzzle had Thea, Aldwin, and me thinking. How can you draw this...



...Without lifting your pen and repeating strokes?


We thought it would be easy, especially because we know how to solve another puzzle like this (the house— I know some of you are also familiar with it.) We gave it try. Thea got it once, but forgot how she did it: “Frustrated ka na rin? Aaron saw me doing it and grabbed my pen: “Wag ka nang magpakaadik dyan.” After three sheets of notepad, I gave up… For now.


Okay, I promised myself I would figure it out before we see each other again next week. Maybe I’ll just have to use a pencil so as not to waste precious ink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever solve the puzzle? if so can you give me a hint? I.m trying to earn extra credit for my science class.
Thia (Grade 7)

Karen Christine said...

Hi Thia!

I did, but the solution is unconventional. You had to fold the paper to be able to draw a line without repeating (It seems like cheating actually, but that's the way to do it). Here's a Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrFLc0XiMA8

I hope I helped you :)