Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Smartphone on a Pear Tree


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my mother gave to me: a smartphone on a pear tree... or a package from England. It's a joint birthday and Christmas gift (and I hinted before that I need/want a new phone) so she gave me this. An awesome phone from the awesomest mom in the world.

But what made me cry is this: enclosed in the package is a card with a poem. Thought it would be best to share it for everyone to know just how appreciative my mom is though I am quite far from the best daughter. Well, maybe for her I'm the best--because I'm the only daughter she has. Haha! Anyway, here goes:

What it Means to Have a Daughter Like You
If I could gather up
all the smiles, laughs, memories
and pride that you've
brought me through the years
and give them back to you,
I would.

Maybe that way you'd understand
just what it means to have a
daughter like you
and why you're one of the
most important things
in the world to me.

No one could ever
love a daughter
and believe in her
more deeply
than I love
and believe in you.

Just want to say, I look forward to birthdays and Christmases spent with my mom. Soon.

Hello again, God. Thank You for giving me an awesome mom and for bringing me into this world and to an awesome family. They may be crazy and we may sometimes clash, but You know I love them and I don't regret bearing their name. Thank you for Christmas as well. I'll never forget that this season is all about You and Your love. I love you! ♥

No comments: