Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You Might Think I don't Look, But I do.





To tell you the truth, I listen to this song at times that I feel uncertain. About how I feel for you, whether I did the right thing of telling you (twice) that I care, and where I stand in your life.

And now I am listening to it more and more. To convince myself that you care for me too.

You used this song as your reply when I confessed how I feel for you. And until now, when I listen to this song I pay a special attention to these lines:

You might think I don't look
But deep inside
In the corner of my mind
I'm attached to you
I'm weak
It's true

Listening to those words somehow takes all the uncertainty away. I know you meant it for me. I just know you did.

You might think that I don't know and I didn't get a clue, but I did. All those hints that you dropped through random conversations, song lyrics, and profile updates, I know you meant them all.

And I know you've been able to feel this much for me.

But there were also times that I felt uncertain--those times when you probably thought I joke around and treat you like a guy friend, telling you how you should go for her... as I secretly cry at the other end of your IM chatbox for not being that girl you tell me you are thinking of.

But I also knew that girl was a joke. It just seemed so real it hurt like heck.

You might be afraid that if you tell me that you've been fooling me around all this time, you might lose me forever. Love, I have always known. And I let it happen, because I love you so much that letting myself wrap around your finger is the closest I can get to you...

...Even when that means treating me like a yo-yo-- holding me close one moment, letting me go, and pulling me back to you again.

Forgive me, love, that I am not able to let you feel how much I still care for you. I'm just gathering my confidence that you trampled upon--twice. I still love you. I always have. I have just grown tired and afraid. Maybe I'd just want to care for you in silence until you realize that you also--still--feel the same way about me, and are afraid to let me go just as I am about you.

I miss you so much. I look at your photos everyday, wondering what will happen if I ever see you again. You should also know that one of my greatest fears is forgetting the sound of your voice, and slowly it's creeping in; your voice that you sang Bon Jovi's Always to me with, that you used in asking me those pretending-to-be-clueless questions... your voice that was once the soundtrack of my summer... now getting lost in a distant memory.

Heck, I just want to tell you again and again that I love you so much. I love you so much and I am willing to let you feel it everyday. If only you'd let me.

And until now I still hope that those words you took from this song's lyrics and made your own--stand true until today.

No comments: