Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I am tired of writing things like this


He said: “What’s yours, is yours”
But am I not the one?
Am I not considered yours?
Those lines sent me crying to the floor…

What we had (or what I felt we had) is over, and done.

Long done.
Since the end
Of the best summer I ever had.

These letters I write will never be read
There are more than a hundred of them,
All ending with “yours”, “always”,
“Forever and a day”…
Now that forever has an end.

It’s crazy how I waited for the pain before I surrender.

Lucky girl, for she will experience
All I had for dreams:
Listening to your rants
Of lost games and other things;

Sitting beside you as you play the piano,
Letting you meet my parents,
And brother, and Lola,
And cousins—who know you
Through all those lovestruck stories I shared;

Knowing your mom,
And being next to her in your heart,
Trying my best to meet her expectations
And taking care of you in the best way I can;

Writing you love notes every day,
And fixing your tie;
Holding your hand as we dance,
Having your last name,
And the privilege to say: “I love you till I die.”

Oh how I want to.

What saddens me is not that I lost you,
Or the happy feeling four months ago.

I cry, because I cannot do these things
For the awesome person you are.

I believe you deserve this more than anyone else.

I loved you. Love you.
What used to be forever

…Will remain just the same.

****

Almost.

So long, beloved.
You are now someone else’s,

But still my dearest.

1 comment:

bukasnalang said...

nadurog ang puso ko nung nabasa ko =/