Sunday, September 12, 2010

Growling Maroons, Fighting Tigers

I experienced déjà vu when I saw this fanpage on Facebook:



Seriously, the best UAAP Cheerdance Competition I’ve ever watched. I was also shouting “Go USTeeeee” (kumpleto pati yung actions!) after I watched their routine. Benta sakin yung silver na tigers e. ;) My bestfriend Maricar Pasamanero (she’s studying in UST) and I were texting each other while I watch the CDC (she wasn’t able to watch because she was out, surveying for her thesis). She said: “OK lang sakin na kayo ang manalo, wag lang *insert university name here*”. I laughed.

And then I learned that university my bestfriend did not want to win put up posters bashing her university’s dance troupe. Come on, what happened to professionalism?

 
 Photo taken here.

Yes, I know that it’s not the University’s stand but only of a few pasaway students. Pero respect naman sana. I have also heard that this university is accusing UP of cheating. Come on, why would we? (1) Scholars perfectly know that it’s veeeeeery bad to cheat. (2) We don’t have money to bribe anyone. We don’t even have enough fund for our men’s basketball team, for crying out loud! And (3) It’s as if it’s the first time UP became cheerdance champs. Sheeesh.

So after UP was announced as this year’s champs, UST started to chant “U-nibersidad ng Pilipinas” for UP. UP in turn chanted “Go USTe”, hence, this UP-UST Friendship fanpage.

Pero bago pa man magkaroon ng ganitong fanpage (na sabi nila ay nabuo sa saying na “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”), for Maricar and I, sa UAAP lang naman magkalaban ang UP at USTe. Yeehee! And to quote my Thomasian OJT buddy Francis Oscaris: "basta wla tayong pake kung anung place univ natin ah... hahaha.... di dapat ginagawang basihan un... =)". It's all about camaraderie, after all, you can't choose whom to work with in the real world. :)

Maricar and I will graduate from our respective universities without having watched anything UAAP-related in Araneta. So we agreed to watch CDC next season. WE WILL. :D This blog post serves as record.

PS. Nakaka-LSS naman yung “Go Usteeeee”! HAHAHAHA.