Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Moving On

Yesterday I saw the guy I used to care for. He was waiting for his girl. I still felt a twinge of hurt, but not as intense as before. I saw him and the girl leave, and I saw them link their arms as they walk. I still felt a twinge of hurt, but not as intense as before.


Before I sleep I had the time to reflect on myself (This is deep, I know, but shallow people also have to do this at times), and I realized what I have been missing whenever I indulge myself in anger upon seeing that guy and his girl together. I realized that when I tell myself I care for him, I would want him to be happy. If that girl makes him happy, then let it be. I realized that I could do nothing about it, and it is clear that he is not for me, and I can’t insist for him to like me. I also thought it would be quite selfish for me now that I like someone new already, but I still don’t want that guy and his girl to be together. I realized that it would also be unfair for me because I cannot see the big picture God is painting, or the person he already painted in my life. I ended my reflection with praying that they would stay together for long.


I finally learned the hard part of caring for someone – letting go. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: