Friday, November 7, 2008

panext :D


Today I turn 18. Of legal age, no more DSWD, I’ll be going straight to prison if ever I kill someone (this would not happen though, ‘coz I am a veeery good person). Oh well, on the brighter side, I do not have to sign waivers and get parental consents anymore because I am of legal age. I can donate blood and do whatever I want without having to ask permission, haha. The past year had been a blast, and I think my 17th year was one of the craziest ever. Looking back, for the past year I…

Got my first Uno
Made friends with professors
Lost faith and had God bring it back again
Bonded with block mates and classmates
Bonded a lot with my beybehs (mi pelu, aira and yayie)
Spent summer at the University
Made new friends
Have been a student of the best professors
Have been a student of not-so-good professors
Have been a student of the most panext professors! LOL
Got together with high school friends
Had crazy classmates (PE! Blue team FTW!)
Am still falling in love
Have been part of a thousand camwhoring sessions
Had a typhoon named after me (I wished it was not)
Am starting to spend time in the library (whoa, this is weird)
Got DJ, my iPod
Ate a lot, drank a lot of water, coffee and Gatorade propel, and dreamt a lot. And I mean a LOT.
Met Tado, ‘Ma man!
Have been a member of Organizations
Lost some friends but gained more
Am starting to enjoy my UP life more and more
Taught kids at Sunday school
Waited. And still waiting for the best things to come.


Now while all other girls who turn my age celebrate their birthdays in a night flowing with food and drinks, I would be celebrating mine in our humble abode with my family (which is not even complete), my cousins and aunts and uncles and the closest of my high school friends. This would be my 18th birthday and the 7th with my mom overseas. Dang, I miss her so much. I can’t even remember how it feels to celebrate a birthday with her. Last night she called, and I could hear in her voice how much she wanted to be here. I really wish she’s here too. Oh well, I can’t do anything about it.

(…and then I’ll start thanking everyone) I want to thank God for giving me another year. Not all people my age are given a chance to live this far. And I want to thank Him for still giving me a chance to live though I always make mistakes. I also want to thank Nanay, Kuya, Tatay, and Lola A for giving me a reason to live and for always being patient, more on the times when I am not. To my lovely cousins, I wanna watch movies with you again. And thank you for just being my built-in girlfriends. To my ‘celo people, I miss you! Sana sa susunod na magkasama tayo isasali nyo ako sa usapan nyo ha? Nag-aaral din kasi ako. Nakakaramdam din ako ng pressure. Ang pinagkaiba lang natin, unibersidad. And to my UPM buddies, a big hug! Thank you for making me enjoy college. :) I love you guys!

To those who remembered, and to those who almost remembered (Superman… you’re the one I am referring to) thank you very much! You don’t know how much you made me happy. To those who came, Annalyn, Arvin, Kaye and Tacio, I love you guys. :) And to those who gave to me whatever gift they can give, to my best friend Maricar, Tita Bhe (I love the shirt!), Tita Mayet (I always smell good after celebrating my birthday! *wink*), Kuya (I would not have anything to blow if not for you. I love you), Tito Jhel (for the beautiful diary), To my cousins Sarah and Leah (You know what I eat during idle times that’s why I love you),Joshua (for the chocolates), Camille (for the Fudgee bar smothered with chocolate cream), Micah (for the Potchi gummy candies, which is the gift that moved me the most)… and to my mom who gave me the best gift earlier this year, an iPod nano. Thank you very much and you know I’ll still love you all even without your gifts. *wink*. PS! To Professor Mary Dorothy Jose who gave me another beautiful gift (without her knowing it), a grade of 1.00 in my History 4 class last semester, thank you very much, Ma’am! Mataas pa rin ang binigay nyo sa'kin kahit na sabaw ang mga reaction paper ko. :) And, a big thank you to those who joined me in celebrating my 18th birthday! I love you.

Click here for my birthday photos. :)

So there, I won’t make this post any longer (because it is long). Again, thank you very much to all who took part in celebrating my birthday. ‘Til here, Take care. :)

No comments: