Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Of Present and Past Teachers

Yesterday I was going home when I decided to stop by Mc Donald’s UN and get something to eat. I went to the restroom first to fix myself when I heard a song that I thought is a revelation… the song “Burn” by Tina Arena. Hell, maybe the song tells me to go straight home and review for my freakin’ majors (to those who don’t get this, I’m sorry). So there, I went to the LRT station after fixing myself… and yeah, I did not purchase anything.

After I boarded the train, slept in the bus and rode the karatig, I went to a shoe store to buy another pair of shoes which I could easily wear especially when I am in a hurry (I am using my hi-cut Pony shoes so… it’s kinda hard and depressing to devote 10 minutes just putting my shoes on my overwhelmingly wide feet). After I’ve bought the cute pair at a surprisingly low price (I just hope the pair would last long), I decided to board the last ride so I could get home. Then, going to the terminal, I saw my grade five adviser, who is one of my favorite elementary teachers (there are two, the other one is her sister, who was my second grade adviser). I almost hugged her because I haven’t seen her for a while and I was happy that she still remembers me. Hell, if I was her, and I face 50 (or more) students every year, and was greeted by a student from more than half a decade ago, I doubt that I’d still remember that student, especially someone who was not even her top student. But she did, and she even remembered to say hello to my brother, who was also her student. I did not even realize how amazing it would feel to see my teacher who helped me decide what I want to be, now that I am almost reaching that dream (I just hope I’ll graduate). But still, I just have to thank her. Have she not included me into the list of participants in that press conference, I would have been just another student who still does not know what she wants.

…but right now, I still have to think about these professors in my major subjects if I really want to reach that dream, especially the one who wants us to burn. Geez, I really hope I could internal-combust in his class so he would not have to do the favor and burn me, alive.

No comments: