Friday, July 10, 2009

Litfolio

On Tuesday I have accomplished the required portfolio for my UP Panitikan application. Actually it wasn’t much, they require 2-3 short stories, or 5 poems, or graphic arts (I don’t pass for this), or some of each. I chose to submit 3 short stories, two of which are already in this blog a long time ago. I told you, it wasn’t much, I’m recycling. Haha.:)


I chose two of my favorites: Not Your Ordinary Cup of Coffee and Eraserheads Anthology. I think more people could relate to them than with my other entries. So if you wish to have a glimpse of them, simply search for them on the search box found on the sidebar.:)


The third short story is fresh, which I entitled The Promise. Sounds cheesy? Here’s a glimpse.


I really want to talk to you about whatever happened that made you act that way. I know we can work things out like we always did. Before I knew it, you were holding a bouquet of daisies… my favorite.


I will post the entire story as soon as I get admitted to Panitikan.


Yesterday I also created a poem out of boredom. This is Your Poem. I don’t know whether I will submit this or not but anyway, here’s a stanza from it.


I close my eyes

And dream--

That you dream of me

Like I do now


I Haven’t done anything like that since I was in fourth year high school, so I am now having a hard time doing a poem with rhymes. So for now, it’s free verse all the way. Haha. I will also post the entire poem when I get admitted to Panitikan.


Now that I have finished my portfolio, I just have to accomplish that signature sheet. Heck, I’ve got nine signatures more, and I don’t know what they look like! Loads of luck to me.

No comments: