Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Donated Blood. Again.


This was the second time. The main purpose why I donate blood is to know my blood type. Guess what, I’ve done it twice and I still don’t know what it is! Aaargh. But still, I have done the second purpose: to help someone in need. Yeah.

So there, I did it after class so that I would not have to face anything related to academics right after blood was drained out of me. My friend Yayie was there too, and she was also my companion last time. After they made us answer the donor’s questionnaire, they checked our blood pressure, hemoglobin count (that thing they use to prick the finger really hurts) and everything that should be checked. And then we’re ready to go.


Like last time, Yayie donated 250cc of blood. They got 450cc from me, almost twice as Yayie’s. Well, maybe it’s because I weigh greater than her. And when I say greater, I mean it.


So these are our photos.


Here’s Yayie after 250cc of blood was drained out of her.


I have to fill this up.


This is me, while 450cc of blood is being drained out of my system.



And it was done!



They gave this nice button pin to donors. In it was written: “Edward Cullen wanted my blood but I gave it to the PGH blood bank”. I love it. Haha.



I felt dizzy afterwards. We went to PGH Science Hall for some Student Regent discussions, and then I started my church-bound journey at 4. I got there at six. We Practiced “I Could Sing of Your Love Forever”. I still feel tired and dizzy. Whoa, donating blood and dancing afterwards could make a person suffer from fatigue. When I got home, I chatted with my mom online for a while and waited for the telecast of Barack Obama’s Inauguration. Because I am dead tired, I fell asleep while watching it. Tsk.


So that’s it. Helping someone in need could be very tiring but a happy experience as well. I just hope I’ll get my Donor’s card this time. So I shall know my blood type. :D

2 comments:

bukasnalang said...

panalo yung pin ah!

Karen Christine said...

haha. Joanne! yun nga ang isa pang dahilan kung bakit ako nagpumilit magdonate. sinabi kasi ng kaklase kong TOM na may pin na ganun yung tema! kaya yun! hehe. :D