Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Haiku-writing

I've been suffering from lack of sleep recently, and since I can only have too much Benadryl before it becomes placebo, I resorted to writing haiku to help me doze off. I mean haiku in the sense that it follows the 5-7-5 method, and nothing more (not even remotely about nature, no). There are loads of crappy ones, a lot that don't make sense at all, some even slightly erotic (blame it on Michael Faudet), and a bit romantic (blame it on Lang Leav). I hope to write more, maybe when sleeplessness attacks again.

tossing and turning
thinking of you and your dog.
diphenhydramine.
-----

40-minute call
every word sounds like foreplay
lace panties soaked through
-----

either I lose you
or just enjoy what we have
is there a deadline?
-----

I'm scared you'll hurt me
but you said you're not evil
you still fucking did
-----

moans, thrusts, heavy breaths
thousands of miles between us
best skype call so far
-----

(this one is unconventional... I don't even know what this is, but it is a series of 5-7-5s that form a larger story)

your sweet sad blue eyes
hesitate with a request--
"take off those glasses..."

you asked why i stare
"nothing," i said and giggled
my face turning red

"they say i look weird,"
you say, squinting at my face
"i can't see a thing..."

you were self-conscious
and all i wanted was to
kiss you that moment

goosebumps on your skin
and moans escaped from your lips
i softly whispered:

"don't mind your glasses
let's make love and maximize
your other senses..."
-----

close your eyes, captain.
i want to make love to you
like there's no distance.
-----

i'm writing haiku
like how i would count the sheep
body clock ruined
-----

haiku is so nice
five, seven, five syllables
this is a haiku
-----

just wrote ten haiku
about lust, fear, and haiku
i need to sleep now
-----

fear is a poison
that ruins relationships
stop overthinking
-----

i'm alone and hurt
and i don't want to admit
you're the antidote
-----

i miss you so much
but maybe i need some time
to think why i do
-----

i'm addicted to
writing shitloads of haiku
what lack of sleep does
-----

haiku taught me that
thought-out words and emotions
result in beauty
-----

every time i write
i count with my fingers first
five, seven, and five
-----

field trip with my muse
rediscovered haiku's charm
my new therapy
-----

unholy work shift
wrecked sleeping, eating patterns
running on stored fat
-----

off to a wedding
wond'rin whether i will ever
receive "best wishes"
-----

"what makes you happy?"
i only know what does not
tumbleweed moment
-----

dreamland is calling
fatigue stings behind my eyes
but skype says you're there
-----

"uhm, do you like me?"
the first time you called my name
and said "i don't know..."
-----

alone. a wedding.
vodka as cold as your heart
i hope you don't sleep.

No comments: