Saturday, December 21, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

The more I talk to you, the more I realize how scarred I am.

I am sorry that you came along at a time when I badly need to be taken care of.

I never imagined that things would turn out like this. I never thought that someday you will come along. I should've waited for you instead of putting myself out there and getting hurt. Then you wouldn't have had to bear with me as I disgustingly lick the wounds of my past.

Thank you for understanding me. Thank you for putting up with the emotional wreck that I am, and for knowing that I am crying even when you can only hear my voice. Thank you for offering to call me when you know that I am really getting emotional. Thank you for being sensitive enough to know that I am not comfortable with a certain situation, and for telling me not to be sorry. Thank you for setting your confusion aside to console me and tell me that you would not do anything that the ghosts of my past did. Thank you for still wanting to talk to me, everyday, even when a lot of our conversations suffered because of my flashbacks. Thank you for putting a conscious effort to free me from the shackles of my fear. Thank you for treating me very gently and kindly, and not shoving that effort down my throat and telling me that I need it.

Thank you because you keep filling my list of why I should always make an effort to keep you.

Thank you for letting me know that even after all these struggles I have with myself, you still think that I am worthy of you.

I thank God for you. You are the best gift that I received this year.

No comments: