Thursday, March 22, 2012

I raised 45 requisitions and almost fainted

I can hear my stomach do the guitar riff of Metallica's Enter Sandman. Sitting in front of my trusty office PC for 12 hours now and I still haven't got over that 2-hour web conference to happen at 11. I sighed. Why the heck am I processing all these requisitions when I am in fact in a team and not a one-man band? I don't know, really. I just know that there are a lot of work coming and it's kinda unfair for my other team mate to take on this when I can do it on my own. 45 requisitions. Good Heavens. Whoever says America does not have enough jobs to cater to them all probably just don't know where to look or have mismatched degrees.

Le sigh.

I left the office at 2PM. Passed by McDonald's to get myself some sugar-heavy caramel sundae, reflected on my life (this is a joke), passed by the isawan, ate some betamax and isaw manok, and finally called it a day at 4PM. I'll be leaving again at 11PM and I don't have enough time to get the recommended sleeping hours. Or do I? I don't know.

I set my alarm at quarter to 10, but you should know how I always hit snooze upon hearing the intro to Cigarettes and Alcohol which I awkwardly set as my alarm knowing that neither do I smoke nor drink alcohol. I then woke up to the ring of my phone and my boss is calling. I dropped the call and texted him "On my way, Boss." LOL JK your phone call just woke me up.

I arrived at the office a little after 11:30 and my boss instantly knew that I just woke up when he called. I asked him why the need to call me and he answered that it's because I had a sh*tload of escalations that came along the 45 requisitions I raised earlier, the same ones that made me take paracetamol because my head felt like being ripped apart. After all that fookin' pain, I'll be getting escalations? Hell.

I opened my PC to take a look at it and answer them myself. I whispered, albeit a little loudly and I don't give a damn anymore if anyone can hear me: "Di naman ako mamamatay dito." My boss said that he sent it to my AMS email and I should take a look at it. When I saw it, I almost fainted.


#^*#!!#!!! Boss and my Team Mates. You started my day on the wrong foot by fooling me like this.

Ladies and gentlemen, my first pat on the back. Although this is of a lower rank, shall we say, than the one I previously received (The employee of the quarter award), this is still something that makes me feel that I am more than a fookin' machine that generates 45 job requisitions a day.

If I only knew that the turnaround time for that project is 3 days, then f*ck it, I wouldn't have done it all. I DIDN'T KNOW. I THOUGHT IT WAS 24 FOOKIN' HOURS AND I WORKED MY ARSE TO COMPLETE IT. But oh well... The isaw manok already compensated it.

Well, I kinda hate how AMS makes me so attached with these stuff and with Human Resources as a whole. I used to believe I am not made for HR. I am not a people person, man. But I always land here, recruitment particularly. But I've no regrets. Especially with my first recruitment experience. In fact, right now I am starting to consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, I am destined to be in HR after all. Writing is my first love, but maybe, just maybe, God wants it to stay that way so that I'll never lose my interest in it. I myself don't want the day to come that I'll view writing as a task and not as a hobby that I should enjoy.

My friend Cole is leaving the company on Friday, and she asked me if I wanted her to refer me to the company she'll be working for. She talked about the perks of her new company, like traveling to different parts of the country and experiencing a lot of different things. And here's how I answered her: "I don't think I'm ready to leave AMS just yet."

Remember how I used to rant like there's no tomorrow about AMS? Eat that.

Just because I believe going on a business trip to London is better than recruiting on different domestic locations. Madferit, mate!

No comments: